Is anyone here having difficulty with their Medicare?

Update:

My Mom's in a nursing home and an updated Medicare card has failed to come. It should've arrived either at my home, or that of my sister (who's her legal guardian).

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Flower
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Best answer

Medicare does pay for medical services while you are in residential nursing care except for up to 100 days after surgery or while in rehab. You have to pay the nursing facility and Social Security covers a part of the charges. So you dont need the card as long as she is there.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They began mailing out those "new" Medicare cards in 2007. Your ,mom's card was probably mailed directly to her at the nursing home. In any event, you can be SURE that the nursing home has been notified and probably has a copy of the card in their files.

If you need a card for your records, contact Medicare, and they might send you one.

• 2 months ago

Call your local Social Security and they will help.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I have no problem with them and have found them to be helpful. Call and have a talk with them.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Dick
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Medicare covered my late wife's breast cancer treatments, ten years ago, and my heart problems two years ago. So far, it's been exponentially better than any private, group, or company policy that I've had.

• ted
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I am not having difficulty with my Medicare card. Medicare advised by e-mail about an updated Medicare card. I accessed Medicare's website, and learned that the updated Medicare card contained the same information that I already have on my Medicare card. Of course, you should contact Medicare about your mother's Medicare card.

• 2 months ago

im not but if you are just call them and talk to them about it

• audrey
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It would have helped if you'd have mentioned what kind of troubles.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

im not having problems with it, maybe you should call them and talk to them about it

• 2 months ago

I don't live in America so I can't answer that question

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.