Is this something to hold against your child’s father?

I’ve been with my boyfriend for 3 & 1/2 years. We recently welcomed a new baby girl. My issue is that he is calling my baby his other daughters name. He has not seen his other daughter in at least 2 years since his other child’s mother is bitter & has cut all communication ties from his child to him (in... show more I’ve been with my boyfriend for 3 & 1/2 years. We recently welcomed a new baby girl. My issue is that he is calling my baby his other daughters name. He has not seen his other daughter in at least 2 years since his other child’s mother is bitter & has cut all communication ties from his child to him (in case your wondering, the courts are now involved). It’s really sad honestly. But I’m starting to not understand why he keeps slipping up & calling my child his others daughters name. This has happened twice, first time I THINK I heard him call her that when he was holding her right out the womb in the hospital & I say I think cause I was on heavy meds & I asked him about it and he ignored me, so I ask him via text, he said no he didn’t. Now today was the second time & he said that it was an accident. I understand he misses his first born & I'm not here to replace anyone, but is this unfair to my child & I? By the way, he shows my daughter love as a father should, this is just messing with me & I’d prefer others opinions.
10 answers 10