Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 9 months ago

Can I date without sex?

I am dating a woman, but I will not try and get with her. I want to do this right. So I'll date her to know if she's the right one for me. If she is, I will marry her.. If not, I will go my way.

Sure, you definitely have the right to say 'no' or 'yes' to sex so if you don't want to have sex with her before marriage (or even after marriage), you don't have to! That said, you cannot force her to continue seeing you if she decides that the 'no sex' thing isn't working for her; you may end up losing her. Or she may agree with you and respect your wish to wait. It could go either way. Personally, I wouldn't date without sex but to each their own.

Yes you can. If she has the same values as you, this is a good start. It’s important to get to know someone to find out if they will be a suitable marriage partner for you. There will always be challenges, but she should be someone that treats you well and someone whom you have respect for.

Go for it. Sex was intended for marriage anyway.

• Lita

It's up to you and the person you are seeking to date if you can date without sex. I can tell you honestly I was upfront with my boyfriend about the fact that I wasn't going to be having sex without being married, I'm not religious it's a personal choice, and he was fine with it. We dated, became engaged and he's been my husband for thirteen years.

• edward

Tell her you want to be celibate. It doesn’t mean virgin, it means not having sex

Yes, I think you can, but finding that person may not be very easy. I have never used a dating service or tried cyber dating, but if there is a site, perhaps a faith based one, maybe that is a good place to start.

Or, you can date as usual, by meeting someone in person through your social circles. You can be honest and state that you are not after sex and just want to bond on a spiritual level before getting intimate, you may be surprised to find a receptive woman. Not all women want to jump into bed with a guy.

I was divorced and was happy to be single but I did hope to meet a man, although I was in no rush to plunge into a new relationship. I met a man at a holiday party who later asked the host of the party to ask me if it was okay for him to call me. I agreed.

I told him that I really wanted to get to know him and become friends before anything further could happen, as I wanted a committed relationship even though neither of us were marriage minded. I had to know that we were right for one another and until I was convinced, there was nothing more I wanted to share with him. So, we dated exclusively for four months before we were intimate. Well, things went very well and I am glad I made that choice because here we are, still together since 2005. Fourteen years and going strong.

This is the way it should be with Christians, but society has slipped into so much sin, they want sex on the first date.

• Zirp

There are specialised dating-sites for that

😉 good luck!!!!!!!!!

You will be fine if you find an undersexed woman. There seem to be plenty of them.