How to avoid jury duty ?

I really don't want to go at all and I have to show up to the courthouse or whatever in less than 2 weeks. What can I tell them for them not to choose me because I really can't go since I have to work and take care of my disabled mother.

Since you're caring for a disabled parent, you should plead your case to the courthouse. Whether they excuse or not is up to them.

You should have indicated on the initial questionnaire that you care for a disabled person. That's an immediate dismissal from service. One wonders why you didn't indicate this on the page you had to mail back when you got the summons.

• Sally

Tell them you oppose the death penalty and you will not be chosen to serve on a jury

also get registered as a Libertarian and you will never be called in the future

Source(s): www.LPPA.org

You go and tell them about your mother and TAKE DOCTOR PROOF to back you up.

Tell them about your mother and why she needs you, etc.

Don't say you have to work; that's not considered a valid excuse because your employer is required to let you miss work for jury duty.

Inform the court that you have to care for your disabled mother. This should get you a deferment.

Taking care of your mom should be enough. Or say that you're an anarchist.

1) Wear a bow tie.

2) Have a relative working in law enforcement.

3) Develop a prejudice against whoever comes up for trial.

Family issues... is your best bet

I assume you already informed the court about your mom; your only remaining option is to get arrested between now and then and hope the judges excuses you