How to avoid jury duty ?

I really don't want to go at all and I have to show up to the courthouse or whatever in less than 2 weeks. What can I tell them for them not to choose me because I really can't go since I have to work and take care of my disabled mother.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Since you're caring for a disabled parent, you should plead your case to the courthouse. Whether they excuse or not is up to them.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

You should have indicated on the initial questionnaire that you care for a disabled person. That's an immediate dismissal from service. One wonders why you didn't indicate this on the page you had to mail back when you got the summons.

• Sally
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

Tell them you oppose the death penalty and you will not be chosen to serve on a jury

also get registered as a Libertarian and you will never be called in the future

Source(s): www.LPPA.org
  • 8 months ago

You go and tell them about your mother and TAKE DOCTOR PROOF to back you up.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Tell them about your mother and why she needs you, etc.

Don't say you have to work; that's not considered a valid excuse because your employer is required to let you miss work for jury duty.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Inform the court that you have to care for your disabled mother. This should get you a deferment.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Taking care of your mom should be enough. Or say that you're an anarchist.

• 8 months ago

1) Wear a bow tie.

2) Have a relative working in law enforcement.

3) Develop a prejudice against whoever comes up for trial.

• 8 months ago

Family issues... is your best bet

• 8 months ago

I assume you already informed the court about your mom; your only remaining option is to get arrested between now and then and hope the judges excuses you

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.