Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

How would you react if your 17-year-old daughter told you she's scared of you?

I would ask her why she's afraid of me.

You need to look at yourself and try to figure out what you have done to cause your daughter to fear you.

• edward

Good, she’s been paying attention

• Lita

I would talk to her to try to figure out where I f*cked up so royally as a parent that i made her frightened of me.

I wouldn't feel good about it, I would take a look at myself and asked her why she is afraid of me.

• mokrie

I'd be glad. Kids SHOULD fear their parents. Too many parents want to be their kids best friend and that's wrong.

Wouldn't care

I'd figure I had failed as a mother

• Lol2 months agoReport

well if you know you have always been a decent parent and havent done anything that could make her feel afraid of you, i would definitely call it silly

• Jen

I would ask her why, since I don't think I'm scary at all.

• K8

I would do a lot of self reflection and think about her and try to figure out why, as in what is going on.