I got a check from an old employer?

So I had applied to this fast food place about a year ago, I paid for my uniform and attended orientation. I had been told that I was going to be informed about when I was going to start as soon as I finished some online assessments. Long story short, they ordered the wrong uniform size and I didnt get my uniform... show more So I had applied to this fast food place about a year ago, I paid for my uniform and attended orientation. I had been told that I was going to be informed about when I was going to start as soon as I finished some online assessments. Long story short, they ordered the wrong uniform size and I didnt get my uniform and I wasnt contacted until a month later about when I was going to start, I ended up not showing up. Fast forward to this year I recently got 2 checks from them and the US Labor and Wage department, and i'm not sure what's going on? Why would they give me these checks ? I dont think they ower me any wages of some sort because I never actually worked there, can someone help?
4 answers 4