I feel guilty enjoying my life knowing other people are suffering in the world? :(?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You not enjoying your life isn't going to make them suffer any less. If you've got a bit of spare happiness you can spread around, by all means try to make other people's lives better, but there's nothing wrong with being happy that your life is good.

• Janie
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

Everyone lives by their own karma.

• ?
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

your lying!

thats not nice.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Why? You're not responsible for their misery nor are they responsible for your happiness. Save your guilt for the next time you vote, and then pay attention to it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

i feel better knowing i suck.

• 5 months ago

I applaud your apparent concern for others, but even if you were a billionaire, there would be only so much you could do. Even if you could eliminate a third of human suffering, most of the evening news would be bad.

The stoic philosophers were not completely consistent in descriptions of what an individual could and could not control, but the ability to do only so much was a general consensus. At the end of the day, try to get a good night's sleep.

• 5 months ago

😄

Get over it.

We put ourselves in harms way. NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO CHANGE YOUR STATUS OR OURS.

I would NOT feel guilty at all if I were you.

• 5 months ago

Quit feeling guilty. Their suffering is not your doing, and you're guilt isn't going to alleviate their suffering. Count your blessings and enjoy life because of them, and use your time, talent and treasure to help those less fortunate to you.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

dont add to the suffering, u suffering too doesn't help them infact it just hurts another innocent person, so if you can, choose not to suffer and enjoy your life BUT also help

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.