Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthHealth & Well-BeingPain & Pain Management · 9 months ago

I am 20 years old, never been to college, will I get a job putting people to sleep for sergery and get paid for it from next month?

I never done it before, I will ring hospitals in my city tomorrow, they will let me put people to sleep in theatre

• Layne

Delusional much? Come on, really? Maybe you can wear clown shoes.

• GEEGEE

Of course! How very exciting! Post again once you've started the new job and let us know how you like it.

• Ann

The person who "puts people to sleep before surgery" is an anesthesiologist. That is a medical specialty, and a person has to be at least a registered nurse anesthetist to perform that job. That requires that you go to college and then have special training. I would recommend that you get a GED and a year or two at a jr. college, and then you can apply to nursing school. Work your way up to getting an R.N. and then see where you can go from there.

Put people to sleep? I think you should call a vets office, instead. Maybe they would give you a job.

Without proper training you cannot do such a job. It would be dangerous for patient to have someone unqualified to do this. Find a job that needs no qualifications if you have none. Otherwise use whatever skills you do have in a useful way.

• Bill

The person who does that is called an anesthesiologist, and you can't get that job without going to college. Real life isn't like a Three Stooges film; they don't put people to sleep with a hammer.

• PAMELA

Oh not they won't, not unless you have proper qualifcations in medicine.

• audrey

Don't be totally ridiculous. Of course you can't do that without a college education.

• mokrie

Uh, unless you have been through medical training NO you cannot do that. You would have to know how to handle a severe reaction or change the dosage of anesthesia depending on the readings on the equipment in surgery. You would have to be there through the entire surgical process. You would be responsible for the patients life. Medical school is a must.

putting people to sleep? you mean you are a nurse? it is a very demanding job..... My dad was in a hospital 3 months ago. I saw a bunch of nurses working on my dad.