Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 8 months ago

Is it okay if my boyfriend as a one off said he was gonna hit me he was joking and bantering, he takes it too far sometimes and he swore but?

It was a joke and I know he would never ever ? What would u do if it was a one off they said it

If he is vocalising his aggressive thoughts of hurting you, he is testing his power in the relationship and it is a veiled threat. It is no joking matter and increase the risk that he will lash out in the future. People often 'joke' about the things they actually just want to say.

I'd tell him it's not funny and that if he says it again you're going to take it seriously enough to breakup with him.

• Kieth

Make a joke about cutting his cockandballs off and sewing them up in his mouth. See if he laughs.