Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 9 months ago

Is my baby behind?

My baby will turn 6 months old in 2 weeks and she's sitting up by herself with no help for about 5 seconds until she falls over. She also rolls over to her side but not rolling over from tummy to back or vise versa... is she behind? She kicks her back leg while on her stomach but she doesn't know how to roll her stomach over.. and she's not quite sitting up for too long without falling over but she can sit up from 5-10 seconds by her before falling over

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favourite answer

It's unusual for a five month old to be able to sit up at all by herself at all.

One of our daughters did it, but it is uncommon.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

I wouldn't worry so much about how long it takes her to do certain things. It will happen when she is ready for it. You shouldn't have to feel like your child is behind just because other people's kids seemed to get to that stage more quickly.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Relax it's quite common. Your baby will learn how to cope with sitting up and turning over all by itself

• 9 months ago

That's probably why they are called Toddlers and you should be able to get used to it because it's going to be one for another 8 1/2 years or so .

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

No this is normal, shes doing fine for her age.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Your baby should be walking by now

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.