Okay i get a lot of headaches! Please read and Advise?

Okay i get a lot of headaches! Like a lot i can go 3/4 days with a headache and paracetamol and nurofen just numb the pain for a while but headaches comes back! its usually around the front and sides if my head i believe these are tension headaches

If i drink say a litre of water ive tested this i will go for a wee 8/9/10 times within a 2 hour period i feel like i cant hold any water and maybe the reason i get a lot of headaches unsure if im being dramatic or i should actually consult a doctor as its been happening about a year now any help would be appreciated!

Ps ignore the poor grammer

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

it could be sinus headache due to allergies, maybe try a non-drowsy antihistamine and a tablet form decongestant

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

No,don,t you go to a Dr.!!?Then if you shouldn,tgo to aDr.,it looks surprising.Just go there happily.

• Ann
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

It sounds as if you're stripping your body of some nutrients by drinking too much water. Go get some blood work done to check your potassium, magnesium and calcium levels, and then you might check with a neurologist to see if you need a CT scan or an MRI if those levels are normal.

• Eva
    Lv 5
    9 months ago

There is something drastically wrong if you have to urinate that often in a 2 hr. period after drinking only 1 litre. Headaches can be caused by a variety of things and if you take medication too often for them, you can suffer what's called "rebound" headaches. Since you've been suffering with them for a year, it's time to make a doctor's appointment.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

Stop experimenting with treatments of your own and ask a doctor. If drinking more water will help she/he'll say so and might ask why you were drinking very little before checking it out with him/her.

Water is very healthy but there is a limit to everything we take into our bodies. Be absolutely honest with your doctor, even if you've tried some weird and wacky things. It's the only way to find out if there something you need to add or something you need to remove from what you put into your body.

• Louis9 months agoReport

Im pretty healthy i think i go to gym dont use supplements dont smoke or do drugs i really dont want to waste doctors time unless i actually think i have a issue worth going down there for too

• 9 months ago

You're drinking too much water at one time. Water should stay in your body around 2 hours - and you should cut back to just 16 oz of water at a time, no more than 2 hours apart.

You should also dissolve 1/8 tsp of sea salt on your tongue prior to drinking the water. If you're still urinating too often, try eating a bagel or something else that will absorb the water and help hold it in.

Drinking water when you're dehydrated is much like running water on a dried-out sponge. Without sufficient water, the cells develop a prune-like shape - drinking water expands the cells. But you can't drink water too fast or it won't be absorbed properly.

• Louis9 months agoReport

I do drink water through out the day and do go to the toilet more often than i should maybe i should eat a little more often maybe i could use snacks to soak up some water when i drink see if it helps before i consult a doctor

• 9 months ago

You need a consultant to see a Neurologist.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.