Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 9 months ago

Do my glasses look weird?

These are my glasses after being replaced with a thinner lense since they were too thick for my liking when I first received them. They’re not as bad now but would it be better to switch to even thinner lenses (which are the most expensive)? Should I keep them as is or does it look weird? Would LensCrafters allow me to replace lenses a second time?

• Diana

Your glasses look regular. There are so many people who wear them in the world that most folks don't even look twice at them.

No, they don't look weird. They are obviously quite strong lenses and you appear to have a lot pf astigmatism. They look pretty good actually.

There is only so much can be done with thinned lenses . There are specific ranges that each level should be used for. Using a higher level of hi -index lenses doesn't make much difference in the thickness when they aren't in the power range they were designed for.

Lenscrappers doesn't have 1.6 index for some strange reason so you must have 1.67 which is a better lens than the 1.74 which would be the next highest .

Thinned lenses are Hi- index lenses btw....

i dont think so