Warren T asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

If a civil war broke out between the Left and the Right which side would the military support?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Republicans are for a strong military.

• 2 months ago

Depends on the the military unit. MacArthur sent troops and tanks in against the Bonus Army during the great depression. He disobeyed orders of FDR and sent his troops over a bridge after them. He went to excess. At Kent State the Guard fired on unarmed students. Right after Katrina the Oklahoma National Guard was in New Orleans, going door to door with the cops confiscating guns. They were following orders and gave no consideration to the Constitution. On the other hand, the Utah Guard that was outside of New Orleans heard about what was going on and made it know they would NOT follow such an order as it violated the Constitution. So if we have a war between Left and Right it depends on who is in power and what the orders are. I seriously doubt that they would fire on unarmed civilians.

• 2 months ago

Depends if the military had the option to support sides

• Zack
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The military wouldn't support any side. They would try to break up the fight.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

BOTH. The military isn't a single entity any more than the US population at large.

• jimmy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Who cares? Because if a civil war broke out in the USA, it would destroy the US and their economy. The world would no longer use the US dollar as a world currency.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If they were just fighting each other and neither one of them had the backing of the government (and vice versa), the military wouldn't even be involved unless it overwhelmed law enforcement and some level of martial law were declared. Both sides would simply be criminals rioting.

• 2 months ago

How many Leftists do you think joined the military?

• RICK
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

When I was in liberals were about 50% of the force

• Manny
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Neither. Their job will be to keep the country from falling apart. They will shoot any combatants of either side, and come to the aid of any side.

Source(s): I will say this, though… It isn't left-wingers who are threatening the authorities about what they do if they take their rifles away, but yet again, many people in the military will have right-wing views…
    • Manny
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

I don't put actual sources. I treat it like a post-script, LOL.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Military includes American voters. It would be 50/50.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.