Nini
Lv 7
Nini asked in PetsBirds · 2 months ago

Why did all the birds leave my back yard?

I have the same seed out but I haven't seen a bird in like a month.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • oikoσ
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Best answer

Birds need supplemental feeding during winter and spring. This is the time of year when a lot of things are in fruit and the food might be better elsewhere.

• 2 months ago

Probably because you have neighbors that let their damn cats out.

• 2 months ago

here's another one for your missing feeder birds..........

"a male merlin chased a small songbird a bit, a female merlin grabbed it and ate it atop the power line pole. Attempts to find so much as a wing on the ground were unsuccessful. A few minutes later, she saw and tore after another bird at the feeders, about a Park-width away. Insatiable appetite, apparently." 

this report from birding message boards..........just one clue as to why our wildbirds are doomed.

• John
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

They didn't and havemt . you need to have an honest electrician (one you don't have to pay extra and will probably do it out of the goodness of his heart) come check out your ground lines for noise.

Electrical and other noise from your ground lines have caused them to move.

Electricians should already be paid to repair noise from new construction like networking and other new construction.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Maybe there could be a hawk or something similar in the area?

• 2 months ago

Because one day you showed a gun at them

• 2 months ago

Well it's getting close to Fall so birds will start migrating further South.

Do you have cats you let roam? Neighbours' cats coming into your yard? Do you have feeders well off the ground to protect the birds from predators?

• Nini
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

I have cats but I don't let them outside. I have seen a few strays around though.

• TedEx
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I used to have a yard full of birds, but since a herd of feral cats moved in, I hardly see any

• 2 months ago

Your cat is scaring the birds.

• Nini
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

How did you know I had a cat? (I have 9 of them) They don't go outside though.

• Mog
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Maybe you have a hawk hanging around your neighborhood

• dornweg
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

bird feeders attract the predators who eat them.. hawks are incredibly swift and accurate targeting feeder birds, they also hunt feeder birds by rushing into them causing mass panic resulting in window crashes where the stunned birds are easily eaten... your birds may not be returning.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.