Henry
Lv 4
Henry asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 2 months ago

Science books and textbooks no evidence nor proof is shown when they make claims!!!!!?

Update:

I used a modern college-level Wiley physics textbook (by Halliday, Resnick, and Jearl Walker), and a science book from the 90s for the general public (Joe Kaufmann).

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best answer

It is truly amazing how science will boldly proclaim how accurate that they are but they will tell you point blank that in order to have a scientific experiment did you need control and you need documentation certified lab reports as a result of the experiments that were conducted. When you say somebody has alcohol in their blood you can't take them to jail unless you have a certified laboratory report or the person has willingly taken a test and admitted to being on a drug or alcohol.

The same thing holds true for science real science experiments have real laboratory experiments with certified experiment numbers and are published and you can get a copy of those lab reports. Most of the stuff that you see quoted here on Yahoo you couldn't get a lab report for that statement. If your life depended on it.

• Henry
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

I looked. The college one doesn't. The other one doesn't also.

• 2 months ago

You are using the wrong source if you want to understand the experiments that gave rise to the theories.

Halliday and Resnick is a summary of many different works. So you learn the conclusions and logical extensions.

It is not intended for you to understand the underlying scientific experimentation that gave rise to these conclusions.

If such a thing was published it would take perhaps several hundred volumes to cover the work in this one book.

When you read any of Newton's works you find that more than 95% of it IS the evidence and the logic that gave rise to his thoughts. Most books today only quote the final result.

But read the source for an enlightening experience.

• Paul
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

The purpose of textbooks is to convey known facts, not to give a century by century history of everything that went into the discovery and confirmation of those facts.

• Henry
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

I used a modern college-level Wiley physics textbook (by Halliday, Resnick, and Jearl Walker), and a science book from the 90s for the general public (Joe Kaufmann).

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Are you sure youre not talking about the bible?

• Henry
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

2 is plenty. 3 is a pattern. They have a lot of pages. But the other books seem to be doing the same.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • barty
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You've never read a science book, have you?

• Henry
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

• Doc
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Try opening them. Most people actually don't put it all in the back cover.

• Henry
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

And clearly you didn't read your English books either.

• Henry
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

• poldi2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That is incorrect, they list the sources (studies, tests, peer-reviewed papers, etc.) in all science and text books.

The trick is you have to read them.

• 2 months ago

Try that again, numpty.

• Henry
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

• Brian
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You know, you keep reposting this. Of course, you don't provide any proof of it, either.

• Brian
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

You make the claim, you back it up.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.