I’m having heart twitches? It’s like 2 huge twitches and I can’t breathe when it’s twitching.?

My hands become weak after, and my chest aches a bit too. I get pretty tired after them. It’s also hard to breathe after them, my breathing almost becomes wheezing. I cannot breathe at ALL while it’s happening it’s like u try to breathe in but it doesn’t work. Help? It’s been happening for like 3 years

Some one also mentioned atrial fibrillation.

Atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter are very fast electrical discharge patterns that make the atria contract extremely rapidly, thus causing the ventricles to contract faster and less efficiently than normal. These abnormal rhythms may occur sporadically or may persist. Durning fibrillation or flutter, the contractions of the atria are so fast that the atrial walls simply quiver, so blood isn't pumped effectively to the ventricles. In fibrillation, the atrial rhythm is irregular, so the ventricular rhythm is also irregular; in flutter, the atrial and ventricular rhythms usually are regular. In both cases, the ventricles beat more slowly than the atria because the atrioventricular node and the bundle of His can't conduct electrical impulses at such a fast rate, and only every second to forth impulse gets through. Still the ventricles beat too fast to fill completely. Therefore inadequate amounts of blood are pumped out of the heart, blood pressure falls, and heart failure may occur.

The heart may go into atrial fibrillation or flutter with no other sign of heart disease, but more often the cause is an underlying issue/problem, such as high BP, alcohol abuse, thyroid hormones.(hyperthyroidism).

Symptoms of atrial fibrillation or flutter depend largely on how fast the ventricles beat. A modest ventricular rate-- less than about 120 beats per minute-- may produce no symptoms. Higher rates cause unpleasant palpitations or chest discomfort. With atrial fibrillation, the person may be aware of the rhythm irregularities.

The diminished pumping ability of the heart may make a person feel weak, faint, short of breath, chest pains, and shock. The diagnose of atrial fibrillation or flutter is suspected from the symptoms and confirmed by an electrocardiogram (ECG). With atrial fibrillation, the pulse is irregular. With atrial flutter, the pulse is more likely to be regular but rapid.

Source(s): nurse
    • k w

and nobody mentions the western diet is nutritionally pathetic, and minerals control a lot of what is sold just to band-aid the problem AND they always avoid mentioning the root cause, just the drugs they can make profits off of.......

maybe you should go to the er and get it checked out

• k w

most likely it's your body screaming for real nutrition, I was lucky my father started giving me multivitamins as a boy, and I just kept taking them as an adult, and slowly learne d about herbs, and other methods of healing besides the standard docs. I once had heart palpitations, so I ended up taking a homeopathic preparation called mag/phos and the palpitations just stopped in less than a minute BUT the body needs ionic minerals/iodine in addition to the supplements, I believe it helped to put off any arthritis, as I have none, but learn how to heal yourself, it takes some trial and error, and once you figure out what isn't good for health and what supplements may help, it gets pretty easy, or at least for me it was. John D. Rockefeller had a homeopathic physician and lived into his 90's and his son David had a homeopathic physician too and lived to 101yo....so there's nothing to fear, but fear itself......don't be afraid to ask questions at a health food store...they won't bite.......

• k w

a senior I learned, crashed his car do to a cold drink, the blood was in his stomach trying to heat it up, but it left the brain and he passed out...not fun. my father even told me the same thing, but I was a mule and didn't want to listen, and hadn't figured out things for awhile....cheer !

It sounds like A-fib ( Atrial Fib ) The heart is beating out of rythem.

• KatieC

You NEED to go to a doctor. I mean, that could be anything from acid reflux or anxiety to heart failure.

< It’s been happening for like 3 years >

Ever think to mention it to your doctor?

• Edna

No, Angelina - it is NOT "common" and everyone's heart doesn't feel like it's "twitching"..