Natalie asked in HealthDental · 5 months ago

Is odd for a 50 year old to have dentures?

No, not at all.. I am 40 and am the process of getting implant dentures on my upper teeth. I had them pulled last Wednesday, and finally tomorrow. I can get them fitted.. In about 8 months, I will be able to have the implants permanently in my mouth

No if you need them

• donnie

Not really. I mean if you have dental issues then you need to take care of it.

• ricky

I got mine at 36. Had a partial at first, but full dentures at 37. I’m 67 now, and I’ve never had a toothache, or dental pain for 30 years. They look good, easy to clean and when I have work done on my teeth, only my dentures get worked on, while I’m at home waiting to pick them up

i dont think so

No, not really.

It not necessarily odd, but not the norm for 50 year olds either. Years ago, my father got most of his teeth knocked out in a terrible accident and had to get dentures.

• Natalie5 months agoReport

what about someone who is 60 years old?

What did you do that you stopped going to the dentist before you lost all your teeth? What a shame! Do you use Colgate or Crest toothpaste now?? LOL

• .

Not if they had poor dental health as a kid