Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 3 months ago

RIP Ric Ocasek. What is your favorite song by the Cars?

Moving in Stereo.  Great vibe, great sound, simple but effective.  

• Racer

You're All I've Got Tonight

My Best Friend's Girl.

Bye Bye Love...great song.

The first song by them I heard was I'm Not the One. I heard that song for the first time when I was watching Billy Madison when I was much younger. However a few years later I listened to Drive and loved it but my favorite song by The Cars is Magic. I also think Your're All I've Got Tonight is an underrated song.

Moving In Stereo

Drive

Dangerous Type

Shake It Up

Touch And Go

• The Dangerous Type. I love the line: "They kick wet shadows until they play dead".

I love the Cars but my favourite song by them was sung by Benjamin Orr, the song Drive. Moving In Stereo or Let the Good Times Roll are probably my two favourite songs that Ric Ocasek sang on, but hard to say with so many great songs they released.

• @Candelabrum, I'm sorry you are right. When I think of the Cars I always picture Ocasek singing.

My favorites are Drive, Best Friend's Girl, and Just What I Needed.

He is now reunited with Benjamin Orr. May he rest in peace