Do you check in with your spouse / mate during the day?

Call me crazy but I think couples should stay in contact with each other. Last week one of my husband's childhood friends passed away and he was asked to speak at the funeral. It was this past Sat. He asked me to go and I said yes. By Friday I decided not to go and told him. He didn't seem to care. ... show more Call me crazy but I think couples should stay in contact with each other. Last week one of my husband's childhood friends passed away and he was asked to speak at the funeral. It was this past Sat. He asked me to go and I said yes. By Friday I decided not to go and told him. He didn't seem to care. Sat came and he went on to the funeral. He was meeting up with his mom and sisters who were also going to the funeral. I decided to go shopping. The funeral was at 12 so several hours later I hadn't heard from him so I sent him a text. "I'm in Concord". That's the next city over from where we live. His reply was "Why?" I then tell him I was looking at laptops. He then stops replying. I didn't hear from him again until I got home and he was already there. He tells me that there was no need for me to text him just to tell him where I was. He said he asked me to go to the funeral and I originally said yes then changed my mind. He seems to be upset that I was texting him while he was at the funeral just to tell me I was at the store. He said he didn't care where I was because he was busy himself. I just think that couples need to communicate things like this. His thought was he would see me at home once the funeral was over. However, my husband is the type of guy who will get home and I won't be there but he won't even text me to ask where I am. Do you check in with your spouse during the day to let them know your whereabouts? My husband things that's stupid.
21 answers 21