I just spilled juice on my laptop. What do I do!?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • falcon
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

    If the laptop is still alive than be responsible learn from this .

  • 2 months ago

    Get as much liquid out of the keyboard as possible. Take the battery out if you can, then open the lid and turn the laptop upside down so it looks like an upside down v shape. Leave the laptop like that for a few days and leave it by something warm like a window to dry. If you're lucky, worse case scenario you'll need to replace the keyboard.

  • 2 months ago

    what you do is learn from the incident [keep all liquids well away from all computers] ... you've likely fried the laptop and will have to buy a new one. warranty does not cover this -- operator error

  • David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Very bad news. Remove the battery if possible, don’t attempt to power it on, take it to a workshop to be cleaned/repaired.

    Unfortunately the acid in the juice tends to damage the keyboard and motherboard quite quickly, especially if you try to power it on or leave the battery in, an electrolytic reaction tends to damage components and tracks. If the juice got onto the keyboard, a new keyboard is usually required as well.

    Often it isn’t economic to repair unless it is something like a MacBook

    Sorry

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Set it on fire,. The liquit will evaporate, while burning away any viruses. Goid as new 469% of the time

  • d j
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

    Leave it upside down and don't use it for 72 hours.

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Hope that it doesn't burn out.

  • 2 months ago

    If me I would flip it upside down so liguid don't sink down to motherboard, place in front of a fan for day or longer, after that hope everything still works.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.