Nini
Lv 7
Nini asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

Why does the inside of my Stuffed Peppers fall apart so much?

I use one pound of ground beef, 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, some onion and half a small can of tomato sauce.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best answer

A half cup of bread crumbs and a couple of eggs will bind the stuffing together.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Too much liquid.

• Amy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I wasn't aware that the mixture inside a stuffed pepper was supposed to be thick and compact. The only way I've ever had it was just a loose meat/rice mixture and that's the way aha aha I like it aha aha

Try adding a pkt of taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, black beans, a cp of salsa along with the tomato sauce and top it with shredded cheese. Peppers with a mexican flair.

• 2 months ago

stuffed peppers recipe is made with bell peppers (yellow, green, orange, or red) filled with a stuffing composed of ground beef, tomatoes, cooked rice, cheese, herbs, and spices (most commonly parsley and paprika).

However, this dish has countless varieties depending on the way the peppers are cut, the way the dish is cooked, and, most importantly the ingredients. From national variations to vegetarian options, peppers can be stuffed with any combination of meat, beans, starches, and sauces, which makes them perfect for using up any leftovers sitting in the fridge – think cooked, canned, or frozen foods, leftover roast turkey from Thanksgiving or surplus roast chicken from your yesterday’s dinner.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

The tomato sauce along with everything else, might have too much liquid. Add just a little bit of tomato paste. 2 Tablespoons, or better yet, use taco seasoning. Or any dry seasoning packet.

Also, make sure that you drain the ground beef well before stuffing the peppers.

• Dimo
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

try using tomato paste instead of sauce

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

add an egg to the meat mixture to help hold it together.

• Nini
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

I didn't thumb you down.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.