????
???? asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 5 months ago

Will you get evicted if you fight your one of your neighbors? (apartment)?

If a tenant is a trouble maker and has a history of disturbing the other neighbors, sure, a landlord may have enough evidence to evict the person causing discord among the neighbors.

I would hardly think that a one time scuffle would merit an eviction, but that could depend upon the intensity of the incident and the temperament of the landlord. Some landlords would suggest the tenants to work out their differences and not get involved with personal problems of their tenants.

If you were the one who was involved in the fight, I would suggest you just avoid that person at all costs. If the person fights with you again, then get a restraining order.

just get a blow up doll and put there name on it and take out your rage out

that way no one goes to jail , or just go buy a happy meal and a toy and be happy

• clida5 months agoReport

Their NOT there.

That seems pretty likely.

• Carmen

Pray before you lose your place to live if it friends in you be peaceable reasonable walk away talk to landlord or person if applicable or move don’t risk your life reputation fighting is never the solution enough hate is the world .

I would say it would be likely.

• 38lsb

Depends on who did what and if peace can be maintained, it's up to the landlord but there's a procedure they need to follow to evict someone usually that's true.

• Andy C

That totally depends on your landlord. It's certainly an option.

A tenant who creates an unsafe environment for others is not protected by tenancy laws.

Yes - I have been being harassed by a guy in my complex who has been on a meth binge for 30 years now and just had a new baby if you can believe such an abomination. Anyway - after 4 years straight of intimidation and assaults I finally put on my steel toed boots and went out and booted him in the *ss as hard as humanly possible. He left me alone for about 2 weeks and then the psycho meth nonsense started all over again. The police will give you conflicting information i.e. yes you are allowed to defend yourself physically but if you both get caught fighting on your Apartment property you will both be arrested and jailed and you both will be evicted. Trust me I know. I have been physically fighting meth zombies in my town for 10 years now!

That depends on the situation but yes discord among renters can lead to one or both of you being evicted.

Nah, landlords only care about money and repairs. Just don't break anything other than the guy's face....