Katie asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 2 months ago

<Philosophy> Are there morals that cannot be corrupted?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

OP, If there was a moral that couldn't cannot be corrupted, then would it be a moral?

"Be aware of your surroundings." Let me know if that is considered a moral?

• 2 months ago

One of my own very ethical morals is "compassion"

and there is no way in the world that it can or ever will be corrupted.

• 2 months ago

All morals are those of man and so may be corrupted

• 2 months ago

As long as humans and physical bodies exist, they'll want to survive, so "thou shalt not commit murder" is innate and an unwritten truism, even though it's written as a commandment. All the other morals seem to be connected to survival, like stealing, marriage, etc. which are all innate and cannot be corrupted, except on the surface with a certain amount of people.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes there are, very bad ones !

• WOOWHO
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

PHILOSOPHY ... Are there "MORALS" that cannot be CORRUPTED ?

using some REASONING ..

. first DEFINE .... MORALS

then define CORRUPTED

Moral a dictionary definition is

# 1 Concerned with the "PRINCIPLES" of right and wrong behavior and the goodness or badness of a person

# 2 a PERSONS standards of behaviors or beliefs concerning what is or not acceptable for THEM to DO

Corruption a dictionary definition

# 1 "CAUSE" to act dishonestly in return for MONEY or personal gain

# 2 to "CHANGE" or debase by making errors or unintentional alterations

the reality is both TERMS

no matter a individuals definition deal with HUMAN ACTION

I define morality as HUMAN WELL BEING .

.. basically premises that deal with basic HUMAN NEEDS example

health is preferred to sickness and so on

• j153e
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Some morals are of God, hence incorruptible; many morals are of societies, hence changeable, corruptible; some sets of morals are a mixture of Godly or transcendent-immanent Truths, and human behavioral choices at a given time.

Perhaps the least corruptible worldly moral is that of sowing and reaping, karma, cause and effect; given the Godly component of such justness, and the cycles of complexity in the human equation, including mercy and the law of forgiveness, sowing and reaping is not always apparent, not always "instant karma."

• j153e
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

God stated "Thou shalt not murder."

• 38lsb
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I think that it's more the strength of the one who lives and believes in the morals they hold rather than the moral itself. A moral has to be in play for it to have any strength.

• Matt
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Mass homicide is inexcusable in times of peace.

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Morals are concepts and therefore are immune to corruption. It is humans that are corruptible.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.