If I install a Windows 8.1 Operating system on a VirtualBox on my win 10 laptop, will it corrupt my main laptop?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

IT shouldn't.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Fulano
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

The point of a virtual machine is to keep it from affecting your system in any way. It will just create the data file to store all the virtual machine's information.

If you want details on how to do it, just Google it, there are going to be tons of how-to guides out there, but basically you'll install VirtualBox, then install the software through that program.

• 10 months ago

May I ask why you would want to do that as 8.1 was carp

• Master Of Puppets
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Sometimes using a VM is beneficial for certain tasks like running old games or programs. Although I don't think W8 would have helped much for old games. I run Windows VMs all the time on my PCs at home for network testing.

• How can I set it up correctly?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

if your laptop can support the virtualbox and it's set up correctly it won't cause any problems

• ...Show all comments
    • David
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Look at the specifications for Virtualbox, if your laptop meets these is should be able to support it. Time to use your brain

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.