I’m reading a book called “ Wild Swans” about 3 generations of Chinese women during the turbulent 20th century- its enthralling and can’t?

Put it down!!! Has anyone else read it? Ok so I put it down for a few minutes to write this , but I’m getting right back into it

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Best answer

Great book, I think it has become one of the stock supplemental reading texts for Chinese history courses.

• 2 months ago

Yes, I've read it, some years ago and still vividly remember it. It would make a great movie !

• firo2 months agoReport

Yes I’m surprised it’s not a movie already! Would be great

• 2 months ago

Yes, lots of people have read it, that's why it's still so popular decades after first publication.

It's an eye-opener for people who don't know anything about China.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It was a must-read (for women at least) when it came out in paperback in the early 90s. I read it before I went to China and it was fascinating to read about the Cultural Revolution, something that had been going on (largely unreported) through my youth.

• firo2 months agoReport

As a guy I’m loving it also. My grandmother was half chinese so it kinda resonates

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I read it many years ago not too long after it was first published, so maybe 1992? It's still in my bookshelf. :)

• 2 months ago

Don't like women

Don't like Chinese

• firo2 months agoReport

It’s a great book, paints a historical snapshot of the Japanese occupation and really takes you into the period

• 2 months ago

it's a shame when the youngest one dies of AIDS, it's a really sad moment in the book

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

People actually read books?

Source(s): Democrat
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.