Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 4 months ago

Does it matter if you do a good deed and nobody knows about it and you get no praise for it?

• susan
    Favorite Answer

I prefer it that way, because I don't enjoy attention, but I do enjoy feeling that I was helpful.

No, it doesn't matter. As long as God knows (and of course He does!), that alone should make you happy.

"Beware of practicing your righteousness (good deeds) before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you will have no reward with your Father who is in heaven."

--- Matthew 6:1

I would be ok with that.

Doing a good deed is not the same as doing a good work. You need to google the difference

It matters to those who get help and to yourself since the good deed for others is your reward. It is hard to get away from selfishness where even helping others with or without praise is a form of being selfish if it makes you "feel" good.

It's the best time to do a good deed.

Yes.

1. My God sees the intention of your heart.

2. Brings good karma. Good luck. Good juju. Blessings.

3. People also see the purity in your heart. And their eyes and ears reach Gods too. You never think people watch you. But they do. Especially, if you don't brag.

• David

Your rewards are in Heaven.

I don't do anything that is motivated by what others might think. That is a really good way to develop anxiety problems, in my opinion.

It does if you believe it does