Does it matter if you do a good deed and nobody knows about it and you get no praise for it?
- susanLv 74 months agoFavorite Answer
I prefer it that way, because I don't enjoy attention, but I do enjoy feeling that I was helpful.
- hwngirlLv 54 months ago
No, it doesn't matter. As long as God knows (and of course He does!), that alone should make you happy.
"Beware of practicing your righteousness (good deeds) before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you will have no reward with your Father who is in heaven."
--- Matthew 6:1
- CharlesLv 54 months ago
I would be ok with that.
- Anonymous4 months ago
Doing a good deed is not the same as doing a good work. You need to google the difference
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- SBR32277Lv 74 months ago
It matters to those who get help and to yourself since the good deed for others is your reward. It is hard to get away from selfishness where even helping others with or without praise is a form of being selfish if it makes you "feel" good.
- MagmaladLv 44 months ago
It's the best time to do a good deed.
- DontTellMeLv 74 months ago
1. My God sees the intention of your heart.
2. Brings good karma. Good luck. Good juju. Blessings.
3. People also see the purity in your heart. And their eyes and ears reach Gods too. You never think people watch you. But they do. Especially, if you don't brag.
- DavidLv 74 months ago
Your rewards are in Heaven.
- David B.Lv 74 months ago
I don't do anything that is motivated by what others might think. That is a really good way to develop anxiety problems, in my opinion.
- 4 months ago
It does if you believe it does