Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 10 months ago

Is Yahoo being unfair on questioners by making them lose 2 points when they ask a question? 5 for posting and only 3 for giving best answer?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago
    Favourite answer

In all actuality you lose 15 points in most instances. 5 for posting, and 10 for the question getting reported. As the system is broken and what little ability there is to report, is used to harass people whom are simply not liked, as opposed to those whom are violating the guidelines.

I dont post questions. Take a look around you. Most level 7s above 90,000 points do not ask questions hardly.

Why? Its wasteful and it makes you a target.

Source(s): nothing
    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

No the Point System is Fair Rather you Agree with it or Not Points are not Worth any Money Value and you cant get any Real Prizes with It Either

Lv 7
    10 months ago

Not at all. The site is called Yahoo ANSWERS after all. The value is in the answers (information). Not to mention, it takes answering only 1 question to make up that 2 pts from asking one.

Clearly the general usership doesn't feel it's "unfair" of the site wouldn't still be around.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Take it or leave, that is the rules

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 months ago

You forgot that you get 10 points, when you receive the best answer award

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

In the old days you were charged 10 points for asking and only awarded 2 for when you gave a best answer.....that's what I call unfair.

• 10 months ago

Don't think of it as being 'made to lose points'. Think of it as 'paying to ask a question'. Then you get paid for answering, and paid for awarding a best answer.

The idea is surely not to have moronic trolls posting silly pointless questions all the time; this provides at least SOME restraint.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

I have always thought it unfair, but who are we to tell Yahoo what to do lol

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

If you think Yahoo is unfair then do me a favour and remove yahoo never use it again!

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Nothing has changed. It's always been that way.

• Lv 6
      10 months agoReport

Has it? I am relatively new...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.