Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

Wanting to join the marines but I'm told not to?

I was diagnosed with severe depression and severe anxiety and ptsd, my therapists say it's not a good idea to join or I'll be a lot worse. I'm currently feeling suicidal and reckless, I'm ready to join, I've been in combat sports for years and im a weightlifter but do you think it'll get better for me in the marines?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

The military creates more people who murder themselves than and other organization on the planet. 1 vet every 90 minutes murders (suicides) itself and has since 30 yrs before you were born. Rather than killing innocent people for a government that doesn't care about you do something else.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Your sound like grade A bag of the century. Congratulations that any military branch is dying to see if you can cut the mustard spicy enough to join. How are you not understand the sarcasm I've being laying thick in the beginning?

• 2 months ago

The military won't say it isn't a good idea. They will say it isn't an option.

Note: The statements in your details DIRECTLY contradict each other to the extent AT LEAST half are FALSE under every possible set of facts.

• Todd
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I suppose you cold work as a tech/radio guy, maybe low level like AV. That's not an insult. Those are really impotant jobs.

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Zack: They wouldn't even qualify as cleaning crew on base.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Zack
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Your therapist isn't the only one who will tell you not to join. The military will also tell you not to join. Severe depression and anxiety and PTSD and suicidal thoughts will prevent you from joining. The only way to get past MEPS (the place where people's health is reviewed before they can proceed) would be to lie, but then you would suffer serious consequences once the military found out.

• KaleyK
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

"Mood disorders such as depression, bipolar disorder, psychoses, and other unspecified depressive issues are disqualifying."

Your depression is a disqualifying condition from enlistment.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Your medical conditions are going to keep you from spending more than about 5 minutes with a recruiter.

• 2 months ago

No. The military is one of the most stressful jobs possible. Being a Marine CAUSES ptsd and they CAN'T accomodate peoples feelings.

Not a good place for someone who already has it.

• 2 months ago

It sure wouldn't be a good idea for your fellow recruits.

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

You have to get TO basic to have 'fellow recuits'.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You would not be approved if you tried to join. Not everyone can just sign up and become a marine. There is a process you have to go through when joining.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.