Why is it LGBT instead of GBLT, while it is gay men gone through all sorts of human right violations throughout the history?

I know lesbians gone through hardships and human right violations, yes, but that's not even anywhere close to what gay men had to suffer throughout the history and all over the world. Even in today's society, it is generally gay men who are targeted more throughout the world. So, I think it is gay men's right to be considered first when you talk about homosexuality.

Gay men are the best part of the LGBT community, that's a fact.

• Sky

The initializations of LGBT or GLBT are both perfectly valid. The order of letters is irrelevant.

because in the grand scheme of things, the order of the initials doesn't really matter. we're up to LGBTQIA+ And my letter isn't even in there, I'm part of the "+", but it doesn't really bug me. I agree that gay men have been targeted more, but try not to let the order of initials bug you :)

Its done this way because liberals engage in inter-sectional politics- and there is an order of hierarchy to determine how oppressed liberals think a person is. Lesbian is Gay Plus Female which means two points, where as gay men only get one point. Bisexuals are half-straight so they only get half a point, and transgenders are new-wave so they are sort of just riding the skateboard tied to the back of the bus.

Men are inferior to women

Women are and have always been oppressed in the world.

• Shane Michael

Well that's the thing.. women are so unimportant to the world that the focus has not been on lesbians.. but lesbians are still killed and beaten regularly.

I think there are bigger issues to be argued over than the arrangement of a few words.

• Corvus Blackthrone

Laverne Cox is lobbying to move the traps to the front of the bus. Back of the bus for bisexual whos sexuality is the most fake. 

There used to be a movement to randomly shift the letters around because it is a very good point that not one part of the community is more important than the other. Many people, a few decades ago, took offense to the order chosen, much in the same way men take offense to how Feminism claims to be a Humanist / Egalitarian movement while retaining the root word of "Female"

Given how many other sexualities and gender identities exist outside of LGBT, but trolls will use LGBT+ as a way of showing they don't care enough to write the rest; I am not finding their arguments to be that compelling.

There's a reason the alternative acronym Sexual and Gender Minorities was created, because many people are tired of getting cut off by the bigots who think only their letters matter.

I see sexism is still alive and well...

I prefer just to not talk about it period. If that offends you....tough!

• Matt

Noone cares about the order. The order IS NOT indicative of relative hardships. Just be glad that we are a part of it,

Source(s): A lgbt homosexual male