What is happening in your garden now? What is living, growing etc.?

• Ann

It's been so hot and dry here in TX, that everything has dried up. The tomato plants are going to be pulled up. I'm debating whether to put in a winter garden this year. I usually plant beets, kohlrabi, turnips, and winter squash. Water is always at a premium at this time of year, and there hasn't been any rain for weeks. I may just turn everything under, fill in low spots with compost that's been cooking for several months, and let it rest for a while. Next spring will come around soon enough.

HONESTLY SAYING MY GARDEN IS EMPTY

Tomatoes continue to ripen, though they are slowing down, The chickens eat the Dinosaur kale and it grows right back in less than a week. I picked the last of the string beans today, Oregano has jumped from one raised bed to another and my compost pile has vomited up a pumpkin-like vine of plants that are spreading across the lawn and yellow gourds the size of beach balls are too heavy to lift. The Japanese beetles have retired for the season.

• james

All is growing & well. The new tomato plants are starting to bloom. May add some new things next week. We grow here all year long.

• chris

Tomatoes and cucumbers have all but given up. We still get dribs and drabs, but the main harvest has past.

Banana peppers are still strong.

Brussel sprouts are doing well.

In the flower garden, the Hostas are starting to die down.

Just planted lots of mums.

Bought some straw bails and pumpkins to welcome fall.

Hydrangeas are still blooming, although starting to show color, where they are usually white. There is frost warning tonight. Daylillies are almost done. A few beach roses are still blooming. Phlox, echinacea and brown-eyed Susans are still in good shape. Cherry tomatoes are still producing. Lawns are starting to go dormant. Maples are turning colors.

• Peggy

My artificial grass is looking great and all the plants that I have in pots on that 'lawn' are looking good. Much easier weeding pots than a huge garden at my age.

• paul

red cabbage, radishes and Brussel sprouts

• Speed

Right now my pampas grass is looking good, and the coneflowers are losing their petals. Nights are getting cold, even though the days don't feel like fall.

32 immigrants are being detained and tortured for failing to provide their wives to my clients