My laptop gets a black screen randomly?

I have a HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk0010na Laptop - NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 and I've had this laptop for a few months and its worked fine now suddenly at random times the screen goes black but videos or games will still be running, sometimes it goes black and a I click the mouse and the screen will come back. I don't know what to do.

Since your laptop goes black randomly, there can be two reasons: (1) incompatible display driver software , or (2) a failing backlight, which means a hardware issue.

Connect your laptop to an external monitor and check if the screen there goes blank randomly as well. If so, then it's clearly an OS issue. But if it doesn't then it's a backlight problem.

• keerok

It's warning you to start saving for a new laptop already.

This isn't and answer but an update. The laptop is now completely down. The power is on but nothing works. I can plug the mouse in and get a sound notification that it's plugged in and I can turn off the keyboard lights but nothing else works. I'm about to see if draining the power then starting it back up and plugging it in will do something.