Computer scam call?

Sometimes someone who s usually Hispanic calls and say that my computer isn t running properly. He says that my computer is filled with foreign links or something like that.

What would happen if I actually believed him and did what he said?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Roddy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They will ask you to open a remote access on your computer for them to 'correct' your 'problem'. As soon as you do that they have COMPLETE access and control of your computer so they can read all your data and/or place a virus on the machine. They will then tell you that they need you to pay them $xx to remove the virus.

NOBODY from Microsoft or other outfit can see into your computer in its normal setup and hence they cannot tell if you did have a virus or other problem with it.

NEVER give anyone access to your computer unless you know them and fully trust them, which you cannot do with a cold caller (whoever they may say they are).

• 2 months ago

Do not y believed him.

• 2 months ago

Hi.

These are links from people who have the skills to create a trap for the scammers ... But to get the feel of how the callers run their routines You can watch the first few minutes of each video.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=virus...

G'Luck!!!

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You'll lose money.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You would likely end up giving him your credit card number for him to "fix" it.

• 2 months ago

he might be able to get into your computer and hack into it, i just tell them im not interested

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You'll end-up with a large charge and you'll have to get it removed, simply tell them that you're not actually following their instructions and hang-up on the phone, or, you can simply not do anything and wait for them to hang-up, or, you can do neither of them and avoid those scams at all costs. If you hear a foreign voice on the phone, complaining about how you're computer has a virus and that you might get in trouble with the police, simply hang-up right away.

• 2 months ago

It is a 100% scam. Do not communicate with them. I received a call like that and told the person that I didn't even own a computer, but that did not stop him, he just kept on rambling on and on,

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Hang up...it's a scam...they want you to give them control of your computer...they will then give you a virus and charge you to get it removed!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.