Do I need a laptop for college?

I'm debating whether to get a laptop for college. I've already found a decent one for under £300. The computers at my college are very bad. They are slow, unreliable, or vandalised. I have students in my class that bring their own keyboard and mouse from home to college because often the keyboard and mice are missing. Often the teachers will need to rent laptops for the class. The problem with those are they either don't connect to the internet, have keys missing, or just slow. This is often also an issue as my class consists of 27 students and 30 computers. The majority of them are either nonfunctional, or are missing their keyboard and mouse. I don't really need a laptop for home as I either use my phone, or my desktop. So should I invest in a laptop, or should I just suck it up?

26 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Save money and just use the school computer

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

you definitely need a laptop or tablet of sorts for college. believe me, you'll save yourself a whole lot of trouble.

better get it quick too, while it's still back to school seasons and student discount is still available

• 8 months ago

oh my God! you have no laptop yet. may be you are an alien. Buy the laptop as soon as possible.

• 8 months ago

yes of course you have need to laptop in college 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

If you can afford one, then get one.

• Spin
    Lv 4
    9 months ago

definitely .....yes!

• 9 months ago

yes.................

• keerok
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

It depends on what the college requires. During my time, way back when, computers weren't required. Nowadays, I imagine, almost every school would.

• 9 months ago

You'll be ahead getting your own laptop. It will make researching way easier- like having the whole library to yourself 24/7, plus being able to type beautifully. Colleges may offer internet to students and it may be quality, but you might look into your own interrnet service provider. In my day a laptop computer was a sliderule.

• Yes, you do need a laptop for college.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.