Do I need a laptop for college?

I'm debating whether to get a laptop for college. I've already found a decent one for under £300. The computers at my college are very bad. They are slow, unreliable, or vandalised. I have students in my class that bring their own keyboard and mouse from home to college because often the keyboard and mice are missing. Often the teachers will need to rent laptops for the class. The problem with those are they either don't connect to the internet, have keys missing, or just slow. This is often also an issue as my class consists of 27 students and 30 computers. The majority of them are either nonfunctional, or are missing their keyboard and mouse. I don't really need a laptop for home as I either use my phone, or my desktop. So should I invest in a laptop, or should I just suck it up?

Save money and just use the school computer

you definitely need a laptop or tablet of sorts for college. believe me, you'll save yourself a whole lot of trouble.

better get it quick too, while it's still back to school seasons and student discount is still available

oh my God! you have no laptop yet. may be you are an alien. Buy the laptop as soon as possible.

yes of course you have need to laptop in college 

If you can afford one, then get one.

• Spin

definitely .....yes!

yes.................

• keerok

It depends on what the college requires. During my time, way back when, computers weren't required. Nowadays, I imagine, almost every school would.

You'll be ahead getting your own laptop. It will make researching way easier- like having the whole library to yourself 24/7, plus being able to type beautifully. Colleges may offer internet to students and it may be quality, but you might look into your own interrnet service provider. In my day a laptop computer was a sliderule.

• Yes, you do need a laptop for college.