First time buyer - house or a flat?

So I live in a small town outside London, I work in the city but live at home with my parents for free. I’m ready to get on the property ladder but don’t want to move out of my parents house and live alone. My dilemma is should I buy a 2/3 bedroom flat or a 2/3 bedroom house? Seems like a no brainer but I’m... show more So I live in a small town outside London, I work in the city but live at home with my parents for free. I’m ready to get on the property ladder but don’t want to move out of my parents house and live alone.

My dilemma is should I buy a 2/3 bedroom flat or a 2/3 bedroom house?

Seems like a no brainer but I’m conflicted as flats tend to be in better locations e.g in the town centre or walking distance to the train station. Whereas, houses (within my budget) are further away. I’m thinking it would be better to buy the flat as it would be easier for me to rent it out rather than the house.

Also, would be good to get some advice on how easy it is to sell flats?

Thanks in advance!