How likely will these fish survive ?

My mom and I don’t know anything about keeping fish. She wanted to get two parrot fish yesterday, and she did. Someone at petsmart told her that they would be fine if she added “Quickstart” spray, instead of doing the traditional let the water sit for 24 hours thing. None of us knew better. This was last night.... show more My mom and I don’t know anything about keeping fish.
She wanted to get two parrot fish yesterday, and she did. Someone at petsmart told her that they would be fine if she added “Quickstart” spray, instead of doing the traditional let the water sit for 24 hours thing. None of us knew better.

This was last night. The fish are now sitting at the bottom of the tank and not swimming around. My mom added more hides and got whatever product the pet store suggested. She was told wait and hope for the best

I really don’t want them to die, and I don’t want my mom to be sad.
How likely will they survive? Any tips or suggestions that may help them?