At what stage should newly married couples start sharing things like passwords and PIN numbers?

29 Answers

Relevance
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

From the beginning if you want trust between the two of you.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Never. If they don't trust each other they shouldn't have gotten married in the first place. There are a few situations where this is acceptable, such as banking passwords if one spouse is managing the household finances. But in terms of things like social media this is a terribly teenage concept that doesn't belong in an adult relationship.

• 8 months ago

WHY do you need to share ur passwords n pin numbers? if u want u can get a joint acct for things for u both to pay towards...house/morgage......and as for emails etc..WHY would ur partner need ur psswds? if there's not any trust in the marriage....why r u married?

• K S Lall
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

I am not married. My parents are elderly, and my father is not Internet-savvy, so my mother has given me all the banking passwords and PINs, as well as put my name on the safety-deposit locker with all the important papers. God forbid if my parents pass, I will know what to do.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I don't see the sharing of these things as a natural assumption.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Tara
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Never .. if they don't want to share.

If they want to share -- they can do it any time they wish.

• Kelly
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

We're 16 years into it and neither of us knows each others passwords or pins.

• 8 months ago

never..............................

• 8 months ago

Why is there a "should" in your question? Do you believe you give up your right to privacy because you are married? There is no time frame, or requirement, that I know of, for a married person to share passwords, pins, or any data that the person wishes to keep personal. If you want to share, then you open joint accounts, at banks, online, in stores, etc. Otherwise, what's yours is yours.

• 8 months ago

At NO stage should you do this,

• 9 months ago

That's up to the couple. We've been married for more than 11 years and do not share PINs and passwords. We believe we are each entitled to our privacy and we have no reason to mistrust each other.

• 9 months ago

In my relationship we trust each other and share most things. We started sharing things when it made life easier to know these things so that we can get stuff done. I think it varies for everyone as all relationships are unique.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.