What should i look for in a new martial arts school./gym/dojo when i move locations?

and should i look for a gym. or a dojo if i want self defence? i also plan to trian for the rest of my life. is it possible to train untill you physically cant anymore in a self defence focued martial art?i want something simulaor to what i currently train in, mixed. (but i dont want karate or tykwondo... show more and should i look for a gym. or a dojo if i want self defence? i also plan to trian for the rest of my life. is it possible to train untill you physically cant anymore in a self defence focued martial art?i want something simulaor to what i currently train in, mixed. (but i dont want karate or tykwondo techniques) i want to learn throws,graplling, and strikes without taking two seperate classes.is this posisble? if so, will i be learning just basics of each of those elements of fighting? or more then just basics? also,what style of jiujitsu should i take to learn something well rounded and not flashy or fancy?
2 answers 2