Dying lemon tree?

My lemon tree is in in a pot in my house and I’ve never had one before. We’ve had it for about 2-3 years and it’s never produced fruit but this year it finally made a beautiful lemon. For the first few months everything seemed fine but in the last few weeks of the lemon maturing the tree started to die right at the lemon and it slowly went down. What happened? Is it going to die? How can we fix it?

Water. Sunlight. Fertilizer (the soil may be totally exhausted).

Otherwise take some good, clear, well lit pictures and bring them down to a plant nursery store and ask for their advice. The tree may have a disease.

It’s also possible the tree needs to be re-potted as a plant can become “root bound” - the container literally becomes choked with too many roots. Get another, slightly larger container. Fill with fresh potting soil, remove tree carefully and thin out the roots. Re-pot in new container.

• Lila

Maybe it's in an area of the house that is too cold or it doesn't get enough light? Lemon trees do not like the cold as I have learned, 3 of my lemon trees have died in the winter over the years I've had them.

Not enough room for the roots to grow