John asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 9 months ago

When did Global Warming become "Climate Change" and why?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • mokrie
    Lv 7
    9 months ago
    Favourite answer

It changed because it got really cold so they quick changed the name to cover everything. If it had rained more then normal it would be global drowning or some silly name.

• ...Show all comments
    • mokrie
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Climate activists are not educated about history. The earth was warmer in the 1200's then now. We had a mini ice age in the 1600's. They repeat what they have been brainwashed to repeat.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • JimZ
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

When climates stopped warming around the year 2000, it was necessary to come up with another name so that they could continue to use climate to try to further their far left political agenda. 

• 7 months ago

Global warming is for the summer, climate change is for winter, simples.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Do not go to these sites. They will steal your credit card information.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Cowboy
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

Some places may actually cool for awhile but the climate will be whacky everywhere; in any event enough warming will ALWAYS lead to a change in climate - it's the same thing. Only a republican idiot would worry over such a nonsensical issue.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you guys are so dumb........

• Medical imbecile, tranny, mental case, and Dirac sock account.

• 9 months ago

It didn’t. They are two separate effects. Global warming (the overall rise in temperature of the earth’s atmosphere) causes climate change (the disruption of localized climate patterns).

• 9 months ago

It changed when someone who had taken at least a basic ecology course pointed out that effects of greenhouse gas increase are more extensive than just temperature. Dry areas become drier; wet area become wetter, for example.

• ...Show all comments
    • οικος
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

YOU are calling ME a troll? Shame on you, Mr Pot. From your posts, I surmise that you are only half a horse and not the front end, at that.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

cause thats what happens with global warming, the climate changes

• 9 months ago

Republicans thought it meant there would be palm trees in Alaska in January.

• 9 months ago

They are synonymous. Why? Because they both mean the same thing. And they always have.

• ...Show all comments
    • megalomaniac
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

Ok, you got me there, but I guess my point is that context is important.  People generally know what is being talked about but some people figure that if they bend the words enough then reality will change.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.