Stuff on Netflix that isn't "Woke" or "Politically Correct" for lack of better terms?

Don't get me wrong, I love stuff like 13 Reasons Why, but sometimes I just want to watch something to escape reality. Believe me, LGBT problems, sexual assault, climate change issues, politics, and stuff like that are important to talk about, but sometimes I just wanna tune out in bed, ya know? For example, I really liked I Am Mother. Great story, fun to watch, and has nothing to do with present day issues. Anyone have suggestions?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • reme_1
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

YOU CAN ALWAYS GO TO THE KIDS' CHANNEL.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

13 Reasons Why is definitely not "woke". It's a cynical attempt to cash in on adolescent emotional vulnerability. Even the first season was potentially misconceived and it's gone so way beyond that now it's ridiculous.

Anyway, dunno really, I don't think of things in those terms really. Grace And Frankie is brilliant though.

• 8 months ago

Anne of Green Gables might be right for you.

While I am not into girly type shows this one is special.

• 8 months ago

I completely understand where you're coming from. Everything is so political these days and I hate it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Marianne, the I-land, van helsing, the great british baking show...the good place, lost in space, Wynona earp

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.