Mattman asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 3 months ago

I want to update my windows-10 computer but how to do it?

I don't want to pay $300 to have someone do it for me.

Any advise? Thanks for your effort.

Update:

To Coaedhen: To answer your question. I want to run my computer normally. If you say Windows-10 will update itself how come I get the message I need to update it. Thanks for your response.

Update 2:

What is search bar?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Lv 7
    3 months ago

update? or upgrade?

what is your goal here?

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

If your receiving a message that says to update windows and they want money it is a SCAM.

• 3 months ago

Windows 10 offers you the choice of when and how to get the latest updates to keep your device running smoothly and securely. When you update, you'll get the latest fixes and security improvements, helping your device run efficiently and stay protected. In most cases, restarting your device completes the update. Make sure your device is plugged in when you know updates will be installed.

• 3 months ago

Your question is kind of ambiguous as Caoedhen mentioned. If your PC currently has Windows 10 installed, then you do not need to pay for any updates. Updates from MS are completely free.

However, if you have an older version of Windows, like Windows 8 or Windows 7 and want to upgrade to Windows 10, you will need to officially buy Windows 10. MS had a promotion 4 years ago where you could upgrade to Windows 10 for free from W7 or W8/8.1. Officially, that ended in July of 2016, but there are still reports that you can still get the free upgrade according to this article: https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-st...

If for some reason your W10 PC isn't updating automatically, go into the Windows Settings app>Update & Security>Windows Update>Check for updates. Sometimes it might take a few minutes to a few hours for it to find updates, and some more time to actually update. A lot of this depends on your PC's hardware.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

if you type this question on the search bar it will show you how to do it

• 3 months ago

Update, or upgrade? Win10 will update itself when needed, no need to pay anyone. If you wish to fiddle with hardware, that is a different beast altogether.

So basically, what exactly is it that you wish to do?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.