Why is PlayStation so popular today and not Xbox or Nintendo?

I don't know about Nintendo or Playstation trends because to me both are really great gaming playforms throughout their different versions.

Xbox on the other hand started with the system that said "Hey! We can take a shotgun blast and keep playing!" But with graphics that were roughly mid-late playstation 2 worthy. With the Xbox 360, they had great graphics and gameplay, however their standings took a hit when their systems started breaking down catastrophically with the red ring of death. Finally the Xbox One came out and from what I can tell, they overhyped it and it never really reached the expectations people had for it, which is why it fell behind.

PlayStation has a wide variety of game like retro rethro etc.

I think PlayStation and Xbox are neck-to-neck but Nintendo really fell behind on how much you could do in video games, it doesn't give the same open-world box with great graphics like the other options, personally, for me, I like really exploring a lot

im not so sure eithe..maybe hingk about it some more

Xbox is just as popular forreal

• Mikey

That is an inaccurate statement.

Cuz it is..................... 

I haven't played video games since I was in high school.

grow up kid

• Groove Thing3 months agoReport

You must have a very, dull life. Still watch TV, movies, etc. No difference. Although TV and movies is you sitting on your rear doing nothing whereas gaming you actually have to concentrate. Guess concentration is hard for such a 'grown up'.

Simple. People like Raditz bought into the hype that Sony was shilling and refuse to accept anything that's not PlayStation. In my opinion the PlayStation 4 is the most over-glorified console of the current generation and I own one. I prefer to play the Nintendo Switch or Xbox One over the PlayStation 4 for multiple reasons, third party games look/play better on Xbox One, I've enjoyed more exclusives for the Xbox One than PS4, Xbox Live has been far more secure than PSN for me and Nintendo Switch titles have more replay-ability than PS4 exclusives plus I can play them on the go. To the internet that's utter heresy.

Take notice how Raditz once again never provided a source and solely only ever promotes Sony/PlayStation.

• Groove Thing3 months agoReport

Xbox is very popular in Brazil, as is Forza. It's called research honey, it's not hard.

• Raditz

Because Sony has been building the "Playstation" brand image in literally all around the world, while the other 2 didn't.

Xbox only popular in the North America and some parts of Europe, and it's practically non-existent outside those territories.

Nintendo was pretty well-known, but they chose not to expand their market outside Europe, North America, and Japan, which resulted in a drop in their brand.

Sony has been expanding to lots territories on the planet, even to places that were never considered as a "market potential" by all of its competitor, like South America, Middle-East, and Asia. The result was Sony completely dominated the market, and bring more sales to their console (almost 1/3 of the PS4 total sales were coming from those countries).

• Imperatus3 months agoReport

The XBOX device is fairly popular in the "Australia" country.