Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 9 months ago

Does this sound like abusive behavior in my marriage?

he always yells at me call me names like stupid retard how could you be so dumb. always pointing out on my flaws and mistakes. I have to do what he says when you said how you say have to obey him he gets upset he hasn't hit me but he threatens to if I don't do what he says or if an accident happens like something accidentally gets broke how do I start a divorce things don't go his way I think I'm not doing my job as a wife if the house is clean and standards is to burn it down to get a divorce. He blames me for lots of stuff like if you don't have a job you lazy because you don't have a car you don't have a car the kids I have to pay bills with my money stuff like that and some of the stuff he says when he's angry is like you're so stupid I never met someone as hard as you were why you do that if you ever do that again I will beat the crap out of you or out to slap you for that or he tellis me I'm fat nasty some of the stuff I have to do stuff with I've been married for 19 years it says I'm going on for a while is I am confused I don't know what to do I am looking for some advice please don't judge

It's definitely verbal and emotional abuse, neither of which is something you can call the police over. Maybe if you threaten divorce he'll agree to get some counseling. Once you have kids you kind of owe them trying everything possible to keep the home intact before you bail out.

• Trish

Yes he seems abusive if what you say is true and from reading your post thereis some confusion. I would seek counseling you.

• mmm

yes it does sound like abusive behavior to me

You are one messed up chick. https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20190...

Get some counseling and all will become clear.

Narcissistic psychological abuse pathological bullying. They need to be in control of others and must have everything their way or they will resort to threats or any other methods to achieve total submission in people. Eventually, the victim loses the battle and becomes a prisoner to the Narcissist and the abuse. Just imagine the number of years a target/victim is subjected to this hideous brain-washing and the resulting damage so leave before things get worse.

Yes, it's abusive behavior. Any other questions?

Ummm.... YES!

I didn't have to read any farther than "he always yells at me call me names"

That's the point in which I tell most people to get out of it while you still can.

Obviously, things have already gotten worse... So...

GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!

He should mention your complete lack of punctuation.

• Kristy9 months agoReport

Sorry

Of course that's abusive

Sounds like a narcissist. Yeah, talk to a lawyer, solve the problem and move on with your life.