How can I tell if front tie rod is ready to fall apart? what symptoms would I get when driving , etc?

Update: I was at a Toyota dealership this last week to get timing belt changed and of course the service adviser wanted to inform me that something else was wrong with my vehicle. and I went with him to the area where it was being worked on and him and the tech showed me how my right front tie rod had "play" and... show more I was at a Toyota dealership this last week to get timing belt changed and of course the service adviser wanted to inform me that something else was wrong with my vehicle. and I went with him to the area where it was being worked on and him and the tech showed me how my right front tie rod had "play" and that he recommended changing it. I told him that I would think about it. but I hear it is easy to replace but I wont have time to mess around with it until another 3 months.