Erik asked in PetsDogs · 1 year ago

Should I get a dog or cat?

Here's my life:

(1) I work 8 hours a day, can't go home for lunch.

(2) I sleep 12 hours a day when i don't work. And I am not gonna wake up and take my pet out to pee.

(3) I travel during summer, once or twice, and each time for a week or 2 weeks, and i don't wanna pay for daycare.

(4) I have bipolar( I have high energy days and low energy days), but for most of days I'll hit the gym after work then i just wanna watch tv. I am ok with taking it for a walk for 30 mins A DAY.

(5) I'm selfish. When it's cold outside, it'll be HUGE struggle for me to take my pet for a walk.

(6) I have the financial ability to send my pets to the vet if they were sick.

(7) I HATE it when dog barks for more than 30 seconds.

(8) I know I said I have high and low energy days, but if i was getting a dog, I want a lab or bull terrior, none of those chihuahua girly dogs. If it was a cat I want grey british shorthair.

(9) I live in an apt that allows pets, but for $50 a month though.

Which one should I get? Or should I just get a flower or a fish or something easy to take care of?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favourite answer

I kinda think you are trolling, but honestly, a cat would fit that lifestyle reasonably well. Unless you are also too unmotivated to scoop a litterbox. But they don't have to go outside at all, they meet most of their own needs for exercise and companionship, and as long as you don't get a Siamese they aren't particularly loud.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

lol you made me laugh at the end there. But yeah a cat might do the trick

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Definitely a dog. Good luck!

• 1 year ago

neither..............You need therapy not the burden of a dependent living thing or creature.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

Get a plant....

• Jack H
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Go to the toy section of a really *upmarket* store, buy a dog and cat stuffed toy, stroke regularly...

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Get a cactus. Put it near a sunny window. Go watch TV.

• 1 year ago

No pet. You don't have the right personality (Do you even HAVE a personality?) for one and are WAY too picky and controlling. You also would force a dog to not be able to go potty for TWELVE hours? WTF?

LOL that you think you could afford a British Shorthair and that a breeder would approve you to buy one!

What you need is psychiatric counseling and probably meds NOT a pet of ANY kind. Get over yourself! You sound like a complete a$$.

• 1 year ago

Do not get a pet.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

I really wouldn't recommend getting dog or a cat as they are a huge responsibility and require lots of time to be spent with them. I'd recommend maybe getting some fish if you really want a pet as they don't require too much care, just feeding and occasionally cleaning the tank if it starts to look grimy

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.