Jill asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 8 months ago

Can I reject a job offer in the delayed entry program?

So my recruiter called me and booked me a job in security forces. It was on the job list he gave me, but I just put that there for extra I didn't think I would get that job.

So my question is can I reject that job even though it is in my job list? Just so you know I didn't sign anything yet.

I am going to talk to him again soon but I just want some references just in case he may lie to me.

• Daniel

Welcome to security forces.

I'm not sure what would make you think that you wouldn't get SF. It is the largest single enlisted AFSC in the Air Force and for my entire 20 year career was always undermanned. The only way you wouldn't have gotten it would have been if one of your other choices was a critically manned AFSC that was harder to fill.

• Jill8 months agoReport

appreciate it the reply

No, you're stuck with that job unless your recruiter can delegate that job to someone else. There are so many pros and cons to that job you should look some of them up you just may like that job.

No you can't but it doesn't matter anyway security forces is one of the best jobs out there anyway.You can build rank faster, more days off, law enforcement, travel. The only bad side is it starts off boring and I hear the barracks are not too nice either compared to other AFSC jobs. But you get to deploy a lot more than any other job which most people want. You kinda got lucky when getting that job I wish I had it but I was stuck with mechanical.

• Mrsjvb

if you reject it, you will effectively end your enlistment process and will not be joining the Air Force.

• Jill8 months agoReport

Thanks for the info

• ?

You put it on your job list and it was chosen by the Air Force. Basically, if you refuse it, you run the risk of not being considered for any other AF jobs.

RANGER SCHOOL!!!!!!!!

nope, if you were assigned a job

then your choice is take the job you were assigned or stop the enlistment and go to another service.

thats up to you