Anonymous

Will my boss be mad at me if I refuse to take an offer for a full time position?

Somebody quit/got fired for not showing up to work for a week and getting another job somewhere else. I was offered his position. But I’d have to move to take the job and I’m not ready to move. The rent over there is outrageous. I have family matters to attend to here at home. And I’d have to go to work at 3am during the winter whenever it snows and get all sorts of licenses and certifications. I’m just not willing to take that extra step. I’m already putting in 40 hours a week most of the time, but it’s only during the spring, summer, and fall. I just don’t think it’s worth turning my life upside down for 4 extra months of pay and free health insurance. Being part time is a lot more flexible. A day off once in a while is nice.

• Pam

The answer would be a flat no. I think you already know the answer but needed someone to validate it (no you don't). You've listed enough reason on why you SHOULDN'T take the job. Tell your boss you are very flattered but that you are quite happy in the position you're in and thank him for considering you. That's it! Period! Good luck.

Explain why you aren't interested in the opportunity. Maybe they'll up the offer to where you are interested?

Probably not, enjoy your life.

No. Just "rub his shoulders," so to speak. Compliment him and thank him for giving you the convenient schedule you have right now.