Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 9 months ago

Husband of 10 years wants to start dating other women a week after deciding to separate?

I’m 31 my soon to be ex husband is 33. We do not have any children and had both agreed early on in our marriage to wait until our 30’s to have children. We were actively trying last year prior to things going south in our marriage. We’ve decided to separate and my husband moved out of the home last Monday. He already told me he wants to start dating again as he’s not getting any younger and he’d like to get remarried and have children. I’m shocked that after 10 years of marriage he can feel this way. I’m unsure of what to do. He told me he thinks we should just cut ties completely. How would you feel? What would you do?

The marriage is over.  If you want a husband and children, look elsewhere. 

• Helen

Trust me, that bullet was already in the chamber.

• Tara

Sadly - I do exactly as what he said he wanted.

It kinda sounds like he already has someone.

I would let him go - and get out of his life with no contact … let him go do what he wants to do .. it will probably surprise him if you do this and seem happy about it.

• GEEGEE

Clearly, in his mind, the marriage was over well before he moved out, so that's why he's ready to move on so fast. I can understand your upset, without a doubt. Not much you can do, except to consult a lawyer who specializes in divorce, to protect your financial interests.

PS he can want whatever he wants but that doesn't mean he'll get anything in a brief amount of time.

hes no good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! leave him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask him who the ***** is that broke up your marriage, hire a really good attorney and keep all the mutual assets that you can.

Take him for what you can in the divorce and cut all ties for YOUR sake, not his. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I honestly think he's felt like that for awhile feelings like that nine times out of ten don't just come out of nowhere. He's mentally and emotionally already moved on and accepted what's happened and how he feels about everything between you two and it's normal that you're shocked because it's clear that he never told you that so it caught you off guard. I hope that you can move on in time and get past this because it's one thing to know that your ex is gonna move on but it's another to hear about it and have it confirmed when you're still struggling with moving on yourself. If i were you i would try to go to therapy and start working out, praying, getting out more and take care of you. Take care of yourself and your mental health because you're not yourself right now you're going through a big change and it's gonna take time and talking about it not all the time but you'll get to a point where you've had enough with not being able to move on and you're gonna find your own way to move on if that makes sense. Hope this helps and please don't lose yourself over an idiot who doesn't deserve you. God bless you and take care of yourself.

• K8

I would feel shocked and horrible, but I would cut ties and move on. He sounds like he already decided to leave and start over. You can find someone more committed and compatible for you. He is obviously not for you.

And the problem is........

Why would he want to dump you if he can't start tom catting around town?

Wake up.