Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 9 months ago

Does dogs need a pillow to sleep on ? Is it by inatural instinct or he needs to be taught so ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favourite answer

No, they don't need a pillow to sleep on. Many dogs like something soft to sleep on, but some don't. You can certainly train a dog to sleep in a certain place, though I wouldn't guarantee that every dog will stay there all night.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

This was a protective instinct learned. And as you can tell in puppies, they sleep closely together, in this case more for warmth while they are so little. ... As stated above, the main reason your dog shows this behavior is due to naturally instincts related to 'pack' behavior.

• 9 months ago

No- dogs do not need a pillow to sleep on. My dogs are outside dogs, but when they are in, they just lay on the floor.

• Jack H
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

This link pretty much explains it...

https://pin.it/tig4qvamoxysfe

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

Only if he wants a good night sleep...;-)

• Hannah
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

They don't NEED a pillow, but some dogs do use them. My dogs do sometimes, I never taught them to. Sometimes they will use each other as pillows.

Attachment image
  • 9 months ago

Dogs, like people, enjoy comfortable spots to lay down on. If there's a fluffy bed on the ground and they're encouraged to use it, then of course they will.

But some dogs are none too bright and may actually ignore it or even lay beside or under it.

• Jack H
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

A bit like this?
      https://pin.it/rt7bru6n275rdy

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.