Coworker being rude?

So I work as an admin assistant & today my coworker talked about how she was going to take a few weeks off during Christmas week. The 23rd of December to the 3rd of Janurary. Keep in mind I have covered for her shifts twice now and those few times were for 2 weeks and 10 hours a day and never once did she ever... show more So I work as an admin assistant & today my coworker talked about how she was going to take a few weeks off during Christmas week. The 23rd of December to the 3rd of Janurary. Keep in mind I have covered for her shifts twice now and those few times were for 2 weeks and 10 hours a day and never once did she ever ask me if I could cover for her, she’d just request the time off and waits for the boss to approve. I found out by another coworker that she was suppose to be asking me before she even request the time off. So when she brought up how she was going to request the 23rd of December to the 3rd of janurary off, I told her that I wanted to request just one day off which was the 23rd of December since it’s going to be my baby’s birthday & he’ll be turning 1. She looked upset & told me “but didn’t you say at your interview that you would cover for anyone at anytime” (when I was interviewed for the position, she was given the opportunity to participate in the interview so she could pick who she’d be comfortable working with and she chose me) I was super mad but I remained calm & told her “but I’m just requesting one day off and the 23rd of December is my baby’s birthday” & she didn’t care. She just said “okay, well you can have the other admins from the other locations cover for you then.” I just felt soooo disrespected because I have covered for her so many times & she won’t cover for me for ONE day. Is it better to confront my coworker about it or talk to my boss.
18 answers 18